When evaluating Orlando FL home builders, there are several questions that you should ask. These will help you make an informed decision on which builder to select for your new construction or renovation project. Below are 10 essential questions to ask your builder.
- How many years has the Orlando FL home builder been in the business?
- What types of properties or projects does the builder specialize in?
- Are they licensed by the state of Florida?
- Who will be working on the project? Are they employees or subcontractors?
- Are there other projects that the builder will be working on at the same time as yours?
- Do they carry workers compensation and liability insurance?
- How many similar projects in the Orlando area have they completed in the past year?
- Are there references available (particularly for similar projects)?
- Does the builder have a portfolio of past projects that you can review?
- Are they a member of a national trade association?
Obtaining the information above provide valuable information on the builder’s status, history, and reputation. Only by gathering this information can you accurately compare Orlando FL home builders and select one that is most qualified and best fits your needs. Once you have selected a builder, there are additional questions that you should ask regarding the particular project and contract. Subscribe to this blog or contact Eric Stier at Brentwood Construction for additional information.